[StBernard] LRA Buy-Outs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 7 21:39:42 EST 2006

The one thing that will stop people from moving more
aggressively to
tear down those houses is probably the LRA program. The LRA will
not give
you any more for a slab than it will for an ungutted, abandoned
house.

The above is true, yet the owners also do not have any financial incentive
to NOT tear down the house, when it was available for free.
It should not be a financial incentive, but is, in my estimation, a
property owners responsibility.
I could have easily left not only the parish but the country and lived
nicely without ever worrying about the place, but even if I had chosen to
move out, I would have taken care of what is mine.

Gaby
The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it.
You have to catch up with it yourself.

-Benjamin Franklin