[StBernard] Who lives where?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 12 19:49:30 EST 2006

Yes, I agree with you. Living in another parish sends a clear message,
undisputed: My home needs to be in another parish as I like the living
conditions, the crime rate, any shopping conveniences, the schools for my
kids, the way of life in that community, environmental conditions, and
retirement choice.

To many, it wasn't that they were hired after already living in that
community, but conversely, that an exodus away and enjoy the financial
advantages of a job those who are seeking while living in the parish could
be deprived. Leaders need to show by example, that support, unconditionally
means just that.

..a clear message, indeed. JLY, you were right on the $$$ (grin). mj

I disagree with you. I knew Craig had bought the place in Jumonville when I
posted the original msg from Nola.com. However, I wanted a reply from him
that I could then put on the SBP forum.

That being said, I DO feel than any elected representative, whether a
councilperson, parish president or sheriff, SHOULD live in the parish that
elects them. That way they have a vested interest in the success of that
entity. Otherwise, if they feel it's too much to try to stay then they
should resign their position and move on as best they can.

JLY