[StBernard] Irate St. Bernard officials want state to start writing Road ...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 22 22:01:05 EST 2006

At Tuesday's council meeting, rage poured out of local officials
over the
continuing delays of the Road Home program, which at last count had
paid
fewer then 100 Louisiana homeowners out of the 87,000 who had
applied for
federal rebuilding or buyout grants.

"We are demanding an immediate response to St. Bernard's need," said
Council
Craig Taffaro. "We've had no area that was unaffected by the storm."

YOU GO! Thanks for speaking up for us.
(although since they dont cover labor done by yours truly, there wont be
much for us). This and today's changes may just get the ball rolling.

Gaby

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't
want, to impress people they don't like. -Will Rogers