[StBernard] Road Home changing how it sets home values

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Dec 23 10:07:00 EST 2006

John,

It's a shame that LRA and ICF could not have consulted experts in the field
to find out the best way to appraise the people's properties. That could
have avoided a lot of heart-ache and grief for folks.

Kathleen Coach: Please do not get too comfortable there in the Guv's
mansion. Your lease is gonna be up pretty soon.

JLY

Gee, what a shock - AVMs and BPOs are highly inaccurate methods of
determining real estate value. I knew that long before I even
considered
becoming an appraiser. It's about time the LRA admitted this. Now,
anyone
who had gotten a pre-Katrina appraised value "done after the storm"
can use
it to get just compensation or assistance for their property.

John Scurich