[StBernard] Governor Blanco Announces Road Home Changes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Dec 25 21:31:40 EST 2006

to John Scurich and all,

my sources tell me that ICF may be looking to hire appraisers that would do
the valuation and the private appraisal may be used as an appeal process.
Nothing etched in stone- the problem is with the design again- appraisals
at this point add another layer of process that has to be reconciled.

here is the basic problem at this point- TIME and MONEY

starting a new appraisal process now does nothing to address the time issue
and may or may not address the money issue depending on the process.

while I think our own local appraisers have a much much better idea on the
valuation than the ICF folks (who did check with experts, then did not
follow their information), the quickest and most equitable path now is to
establish a defendable amount of valuation and calcualte across the board.
accuracy is a non-existent thiing at this point.

this is in no way a statement about using John or any other reputable
appraiser- i think it is a needed part of the process if the direct path is
not ordered by the governor.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig