[StBernard] CARRIAGE OF NEWSWATCH 15 AND WWL'S SIGNAL MAY BE DISCONTINUED ON COX

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 3 18:22:19 EST 2007

WWL-TV announced today that Cox Communications has notified the station that
it does not intend to carry WWL's 24-hour hour cable news service, NewsWatch
15, after January 31, 2007. Cox's decision to discontinue carriage of the
around-the-clock news service to its subscribers ends the longest standing
local cable news channel in the country. Cox has also informed WWL that it
may no longer offer WWL/Channel 4's over-the-air signal to Cox subscribers
after January 31, 2007.

"We were surprised when we received a letter from Cox in September
terminating our 17-year partnership that produces the NewsWatch/Channel 15
service," said WWL President and General Manager Bud Brown. "We were even
more surprised to learn that Cox may decide to remove WWL's signal from its
channel lineup as well. Despite these notifications, we will continue to
work diligently to come to terms that would continue carriage of both WWL
and Channel 15. We have separately offered Cox free carriage of WWL's
analog signal -- and thus far they have refused that offer."

WWL has been the top-rated news leader in New Orleans for the past 30
consecutive years. As the only television station to remain on the air
throughout the onset of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath, WWL
demonstrated its commitment and ability to serve the New Orleans community
even during the most challenging of circumstances.

WWL's over-the-air signal will continue to be made available to all
subscribers of all other cable systems in the New Orleans area, as well as
on DirecTV and Dish Network. Additionally, the Newswatch/Channel 15 service
will continue to be distributed to Charter Cable subscribers on the
Northshore who currently receive the local cable news service on Channel 15.

Cox subscribers are encouraged to call Cox General Manager, Greg Bickett, at
504-304-8000 and request that WWL-TV/Channel 4 and Newswatch/Channel 15 be
carried on the Cox Cable systems. Subscribers wanting more information can
also visit www.wwltv.com or www.tellcable.com.

If this goes thru I won't use Cox Cable for anything but will go with
DishTV.
JLY