[StBernard] More Rodent Problems

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 7 19:30:47 EST 2007

JFR,

the truth of the matter is that as much as we have asked for enforcement of
the lawn issues and the rodent issue the problem is not going to really be
resolved until property owners take care of their properties. The poison
that has been given out to residents is an expense that is soon to become an
issue in our budgetary monitoring- the spraying, I am told, is set to begin
but I really have my reservations about how effective it will be, and the
collectability of the charges for people who do not take care of their own
issues is going to be tough. This is one of the reasons the law was passed
that allows neighborhood organizations to join parish government in
addressing some of these lawns and the neighborhood organization gets the
lien money when settled.

We will keep bouncing solutions around- keep sending ideas about how to get
people to handle their own business.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig