[StBernard] Police: FEMA trailer parks a criminal 'haven'

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 11 20:53:44 EST 2007

Westley,

That is truly appalling. The Senator's new seat on the Homeland
Security Committee offers her an opportunity to take the lead in
reorganizing FEMA, and she is excited about the opportunities this seat
presents. This is not the first time I have heard concerns about safety
at trailer parks and I assure you that Senator Landrieu is aware of the
problem, but I encourage this individual to contact their council person
and Sheriff Stephens' office to find immediate solutions.

Senator Landrieu will work to eliminate waste and duplication wherever
possible throughout FEMA. I will keep you and your members posted on
what she is able to do in this arena.

Thanks,

Wes Kungel
Regional Representative