[StBernard] Entergy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 19 19:04:58 EST 2007

Craig:

Roughly two weeks ago a miracle happened. The street lights for Corinne
Drive (the section behind the bank to Missouri Street) went on at dusk.
Oddly enough, the street lights in the 3500-3600 blocks of Corinne went out.
I have made numerous calls to Entergy and received idiotic responses. The
best was "each block receives a bill for electrical service, so apparently
the bill for your block has not been paid". I informed the lady taking my
call that, to the best of my knowledge, the parish is responsible for
replacing light poles that are knocked down by cars, weather, etc., but
routine maintenance such as replacing burned out bulbs, or in this case,
replacing the blown fuse or whatever is causing the outage in these two
blocks is Entergy's responsibility. I also informed her that we have, over
the years, called several times for non-working street lights and each time
Entergy dispatched a truck and the driver corrected the problem. Further, I
pointed out that on at least one occasion someone was sent out the same
night to remedy the situation. At the end of this last call, the customer
service rep agreed to pass it on to her supervisor. Entery had a truck at
our home less than 15 minutes later, but the technician said that "there's
probably nothing I can do tonight, but I will check it out". He drove one
block, sat in the truck for about 3 minutes, then drove off. He must have
some futuristic equipment at his disposal to research the situation that
fast without leaving his vehicle.

At this point, the street lights for the 3500 and 3600 block remain out. I
will continue to call Entergy, but if you have a contact, I would appreciate
your making them aware of the problem.

Thanks for whatever assistance you can provide.

John Richardson