[StBernard] Question for the listserv

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 25 00:26:33 EST 2007

Does anyone have a link to Mississippi's "LRA" program? I am just curious
if they deducted a portion of a grant if a Miss. resident moved out of
state.

There is a lot of discussion going on at nola.com about people complaining
of being penalized if they moved out of state but are less than 65 yrs. of
age. I've kinda got mixed feelings about the issue. The money was awarded
to Louisiana and LA had to get its ground rules approved by HUD for the
program. I have no idea whether HUD stipulated that there be a penalty for
LA residents not returning to LA. However, that condition must have passed
muster with HUD or it would have been removed. As I said, I can see both
sides of the issue.

JLY