[StBernard] St. B. Business Grant Seminar

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jan 26 21:28:23 EST 2007

Please see re-scheduled Business Grant Seminar info below. Again, if you own
a small business or know someone that does, please let them know about this
seminar.

PLANS ARE ANNOUNCED ENCOURAGING ST. BERNARD SMALL BUSINESSES TO PARTICIPATE
IN BUSINESS RECOVERY GRANT AND LOAN PROGRAM

Application Date Set For Tuesday, February 6, 2007, In St. Bernard Parish

The St. Bernard Economic Development Commission. in conjunction with
Chalmette Refining, LLC, is supporting Louisiana Economic Development (LED)
in launching Governor Blanco's Business Recovery Grant and Loan Program.
The Application Seminar date in St. Bernard Parish is Tuesday, February 6,
2007,
from 4:00 p. m. to 8:00 p. m., at the Chalmette Refining Cure-Contractor's
Training Building. The address of this building is 520 East St. Bernard
Highway, Chalmette, LA.

Danny Bourgeois, Acting Director, St. Bernard Economic Development
Commission
(EDC) stated, " the primary focus of this Seminar is to conduct an
orientation and application workshop to assist business owners to evaluate
their eligibility,
understand the application process and to submit their application."

"We are pleased to be an active participant in a program that is designed to
get cash into the hands of our small businesses who are struggling to regain
their footing during this recovery," said Walter Leger, St. Bernard EDC
Chairman. Leger also stated, "Rebuilding our small business enterprises is
a sound investment that will reap significant benefits for our community."

Information regarding eligibility and frequently asked questions is
available by
viewing LED's website, www.louisianaforward.com
<http://www.louisianaforward.com/>