[StBernard] In Unanimous Vote, Plaquemines Parish Adopts Flood Elevatio...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 27 14:50:32 EST 2007

" What's wrong with this picture??? Why is St. Bernard parish not
moving
forward with the adoption of this guideline???

>From reading the various articles and statements, I think it is because the

guidelines in their current form would not help most of us living here. I
believe the ones that are proposed by the council members include a more
tailored approach to elevation, fitting the various neighborhoods, but
someone 'up there in the authorities' is not listening.
I hope for alternate guidelines that make some sense. Three feet across the
parish is nuisance, 80 thousand grand spent on three feet, when we had 15
feet standing after 25 foot surged over us. (yea yea, why did we even come
back, but this is our home).

Gaby

The "Road Home" is paved with good intentions......