[StBernard] energy eff. might help your tax bill

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 28 21:52:33 EST 2007

I cut and pasted this article from AOL business news. I know all the
windows, doors, HVAC, and applicance I bought in 2006 had energy star labels
and it might qualify me for a little tax credit in 2006 taxes. "If you made
your home more energy efficient this past year, Uncle Sam will reward you
for your efforts. According to the Energy Policy Act, consumers who
installed energy efficient items for their home during 2006 are eligible for
a tax credit worth up to $500. Qualifying items include everything from
insulation and new exterior windows to hot water boilers and oil furnaces. "
The good news is that the energy credit is good for 2007, as well. The
article didn't say if you have to be able to itemize your taxes to get such
a credit. ddk