[StBernard] LRA cost me $24,000 & called to say "I was lucky."

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jan 28 22:04:09 EST 2007

Donna,

I am well aware that the work that they did lasted for more than a few
months, by no means am I implying that, their work still continues. What I
meant and was talking about was that the jet fuel containing the carcinogen
benzene would have burned off or evaporated within a few days. Sorry if I
did not make that point clear. I've been there and I understand what you
mean. I remember joining the gumbo crew who went there to feed rescuers
within weeks after the attack. I remember thinking, like you, how do you say
thank you for all of the hardship they saw and hard work they were doing- in
typical New Orleans fashion, a hot hardy meal of course. Please understand,
I would never belittle what they did and saw, three generations of my family
have seen war. But much like you pointed out, the EPA and government did
little to protect people there, and this was during a perceived attack
against the country, what they hell do you think they are doing to people
over a hurricane, especially considering what happened at the convention
center- CNN had pictures for those who couldn't read and still people were
forgotten for 5 days. What's even funnier than that? Last week during the
ice storms in the midwest, the federal government AIR DROPPED hay to cattle
but somehow couldn't get food, water, or help into Louisiana or the Gulf
Coast. Someone really needs to explain the insanity to me!!!!

Wendy