[StBernard] Senator Mary Landrieu Believes Louisiana Would Have Been Better Off if We Were Struck by Terrorists

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 29 22:32:09 EST 2007

Senator Mary Landrieu Believes Louisiana Would Have Been Better Off if We
Were Struck by Terrorists

(Baton Rouge) - "Senator Mary Landrieu's outrageous outburst this morning
in which she remarked that we 'would have been better off if the terrorists
had blown up our levees' is the latest episode in a stream of recent
Democratic blame-shifting and accusations. Landrieu appears to be joining
with Governor Blanco among the ungrateful Louisiana Democrats that seem to
have forgotten the federal government has already appropriated billions and
billions of dollars of aid to the state and its citizens, only to have
Blanco's Road Home Program set a new standard in bureaucratic inefficiency.
The notion that Louisiana would be better off if terrorists attacked our
state should be unthinkable to an elected Senator. Did she forget the
terrorist attacks on our country a few years ago and the suffering that the
people of New York and the country as a whole felt?" stated Republican Party
of Louisiana Chairman, Roger Villere, Jr.

"Senator Landrieu's statement this morning is the most
insensitive remark I have ever heard from a politician. The blame game
Senator Mary Landrieu and Governor Kathleen Blanco are engaged in is an
impediment to our progress and an insult to our people. Our citizens would
be better off if the Democratic officials responsible for reconstructing
Louisiana were more concerned with the state's future instead of continually
passing the buck. Louisiana needs commitment, competence, and cooperation,
not a string of inflammatory remarks. This might be what the Democrats
want, but the citizens of Louisiana desire and deserve leaders that will
solve problems, not criticize everyone else for their own inaction,"
declared Villere.

###