[StBernard] BEING FINED FROM THE PARISH??

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 8 18:39:39 EST 2007

I can see fining people for there grass but not for windows are doors. My
front door was stolen 6 monthes ago and my picture window was shattered.
I'm not putting money back into this house until LRA decides what they going
to give me and there is more population. From what I'm understanding,
whatever LRA gives, it goes directly to SBA. Well I'm using my SBA loan for
a new house I'm building. I highlight loan because SBA acts like they
giving you money. It's a loan I have to pay back with, yes, low intrest,
but still a loan. I've purchased two homes already and refinance one and
never had this many problems on getting a loan. It's Rediculas. If it does
go to SBA, my home in St. Bernard will sit even longer until I come across
extra money. Money from the Feds, to LRA(state) and back to Feds(sba).
What a joke.

Everybody pass by the corner of Margaret lane and Birch street, one block
from St. Bernard Hwy in Meraux. These peoples house doesn't look like this
from the storm. It was like this before the storm. They collect everyone's
trash and display in there front yard, side yard and back yard. I've been
complaining for years. Nothing gets solved. And now you want to fine
people for no doors when these people have junk piled to there roof with no
objection from the parish.

You want people to come back to this area and put money into homes when the
neighbors home looks like this. I don't even live close to him, but I have
to see it everyday when I lived in the area. I really real sorry for his
neighbors. Take a look around that house. No one is rebuilding. Hmm
wonder why.

My opinion, I would think by not having doors or windows, the house would be
safer than being closed. By being closed, people and rodents will take
shelter. Yes an eye sore, but hey now it matches the above mentioned
neighbor.

JJ