[StBernard] LRA heading down the "wrong" Road Home...again!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 8 19:33:42 EST 2007

pck,

All I can suggest is what I've learned from others experience. Common sense
would dictate to let the other side show their hand first, just in case
their value comes in higher. But, since it seems that "no one" is getting a
realistic appraisal value from the LRA, I say you'd just as well give it to
them when you meet with your LRA rep/advisor. After all, what's the chances
they are going to come in higher than an independent appraiser's opinion.

Let me also add, of the many homeowners I've done appraisals for, it's only
recently a few of them let me know the LRA informed them they agreed with
the pre-Katrina value I arrived at for "their" particular properties. The
course of time will determine all the rest.

John Scurich