[StBernard] Greetings from Our Nation's Capital: 2.9.07: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Feb 9 21:43:12 EST 2007

Today I shared the good news of our work in Washington with Louisiana business leaders and prospective investors. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce was a fitting setting for this economic development luncheon, for Louisiana is in the national spotlight. This week's announcement by ThyssenKrupp that Louisiana is a finalist in its search for a steel mill site proves our state is serious about business.

While we have had tremendous economic development success - some $23 billion in investments and 34,000 jobs in the last three years - so much of moving our economy forward is tied to moving our recovery forward. Our reconstruction economy has only begun, and with Congress now ready to help, Louisiana can continue toward a bright future.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco