[StBernard] Fines

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 11 20:22:48 EST 2007

>I have to say this, though, if you cant live up to the responsibilities

that come with ownership, than RID

>yourselves of your albatross and demo the darn thing. LRA will buy the slab

for the same money as a >house. Leaving it to rot is not an option and
should never be considered one.

>Thanks for letting me voice my 2 cents worth.

>Gaby

>The "Road Home" is paved with good intentions......

Just speaking for myself I have had my house demolished and told the LRA
months ago that we had relocated and wanted to sell. Why would you think
that procedure would move any faster than the rest of the Road Home program?
I still have to figure out a way to get into town on my one to two days off
a month to take care of the grass around the slab. Maybe I will find
someone trustworthy enough to take care of it for me until the LRA buys it
(I'll be contacting your referral David...thanks!) but not being down there
any longer makes it harder.

And if I had to guess once the state takes over these properties the
mantenance is not going to improve...they can't keep the grass cut on the
neutral grounds and interstate interchanges with the manpower they have. Do
you really think the thousands of individual lots they are about to take
over are going to fare any better?

Darryl