[StBernard] Fines

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 13 22:58:28 EST 2007

Jer,

good foder for rabal rousing, but I believe off point, but by the way
government has been fined and cited for violations from EPA and other
regulatory agencies in the past. these ordinances are not new- other than
the fine amendment and even fines for non-compliance has been in place in
the past but levied differently. This sounds too much like a rather
defeatist approach- if he is not doing the right thing then I am not going
to either- the dichotomy of anarchy or dictatorship doesn't fit for me on
either end.

I could certainly make as many arguments against enforcing anything at this
point and in the short run make people feel much better as a band aid and in
the long run contribute to a lack of permanent recovery for the parish. I
believe it is one of the situations in life that the whole is greater than
the sum of its parts.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig