[StBernard] Fines - not so fine?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 13 23:03:42 EST 2007

Jer,

I have said some of what you have today. I know we were assured that
things were safe, but when will really know? In five or ten years when we,
or even worse, our kids are sick because of what we were not told, what no
one found, or just plain didn't understand. I am scared for my friends and
neighbors who have rebuilt. I am afraid for my sister who is determined to
return at any cost. I fear the worst and pray for the best. But in the end,
who will be held responsible if the worse comes to pass- Murphy, Army Corp,
Parish officials, state/federal officials, LRA, EPA, DEQ, etc. My only
question that has never been answered, who will stand up and take
responsibility? Craig has been wonderful to this forum, but I am sure he
doesn't want to put his future, or his kids and grand kids future's, up for
litigation over the next 30 years. I wish my fellow St. Bernardians well.
I'm just sorry I can't risk my kids futures on government agencies that have
not always been so forth coming.

Wrenchturner