[StBernard] Interesting post on nola.com

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 25 21:52:30 EST 2007

Post # 29241.1.

Firstly, we can thank (or curse) Craig Tarfaro and the other 4 councilman.
Secondly, do you mean that councilman will call each homeowner personally
and say, Mr_____. We'd like you to straighten up the lot/home before a fine
is levied upon you?
I doubt it. From what I've observed, homeowners have had a need to see if
their property was bought by LRA or outright as money is needed. Most people
cannot afford to keep up TWO homes, where they live and the old property,
because if they did they would have owned summer homes. And everyone knows
what it feels like to take care of one home.
Therefore, because money is slow on coming, repairs, home sales, etc. is
slow to take place. With St. Bernard itself without money, why would they
not be looking for bucks (especially from those who are still looking for
housing, jobs/income, permanancy and medical care.
It's amazing what people from this list will post over there when they could
post it here and get a response directly from the person they want to blame.
Let's go all out shall we? Let's blame Craig for Village Sq. the way it was
before the storm, let's blame him for Katrina itself, the levee failures,
the sewer problem. Hell! Craig was probably personally responsible for
getting Blanco elected and causing all of our problems!

JLY