[StBernard] Governor Blanco, LSU officials break ground on Baton Rouge Clinic

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 7 23:35:39 EST 2007

Governor Blanco, LSU officials break ground on Baton Rouge Clinic

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today joined Louisiana State University and community leaders to break ground for the Louisiana State University's University Hospital North Baton Rouge Clinic.

Governor Blanco provided $13.8 million in funding for this new facility. Located on Airline Highway in Baton Rouge, the clinic will bring 42,000 square feet of health care services to the North Baton Rouge area. Emphasizing women's health and internal medicine, the new primary care facility will also offer comprehensive preventive health care and early intervention.

"The Baton Rouge area is experiencing incredible growth and the hard working citizens of this great city deserve and need access to quality, primary and preventive care. And they deserve access to a state-of-the-art facility," Governor Blanco said. "This clinic is meeting the health care needs of our citizens in a responsible manner and investing in more primary and preventive care for our hardworking families."

The clinic will be the umbrella facility for specialty clinics now housed at Earl K. Long Medical Center, such as OB/Gyn and primary care medicine. Features include the following:

* twenty-four internal medicine exam rooms,
* nine women's primary health care services exam rooms,
* a community meeting room,
* a diagnostics laboratory,
* a pharmacy, radiology services.

"The clinic represents LSU's vision for the future of health care in Louisiana," said Dr. William Jenkins, president of the LSU System. "A modern facility such as this will bring diagnosis, treatment and disease management much closer to the people we serve."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org