[StBernard] Contractor fraud

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 8 23:33:53 EST 2007

Please point me in the right direction. I bought a flooded home in Aug.,
2006. (My own home in Chalmette was demolished in Dec., 2006). I signed a
contract with Will Davis of D & W Home Restoration in Sept., 2006 and was
told it would be substantially finished by Nov., 2006. It is now March,
2007, and I'm not in my house yet. This "contractor" has not even had the
plumbing checked, no water lines were ever tested, no pipes were ever
capped, I had to get a plumber to check the gas lines, the old fireplace is
still in the house, no insulation has been put in the attic, the roof was
never checked and began leaking after the sheetrock was installed. About a
month ago, I received a letter from a law firm in Baton Rouge who are
representing Stock Building Supply. They want to put a lien on my house
because this supposed contractor has not paid the bill for materials
purchased for my home. I have reported him to the Louisiana Licensing Board
and filed an on-line complaint to the Attorney General's Office. The
licensing board responded that Will Davis is NOT licensed in Louisiana. I
have not heard back from the Attorney General's Office.

Will Davis was living in Texas before Katrina. He came over here and
partnered with someone who was already in the contracting business. It
wasn't long before he realized that he was in over his head and sometime in
Oct., 2006 the partnership was ended. He had been working primarily in New
Orleans East. His mother lives there and since he can't afford the apartment
he was in, he has moved in with her at 6990 Ridgefield Dr. Supposedly, his
family will be joining him from Texas. From what I can understand, he is
currently working for, get this, the government! His phone numbers are (504)
419-2764 and (281) 413-9995. His Texas drivers license number is 18956430.
He drives a white pick up, sorry, I don't know the plate number, but it is a
Texas plate.

Mr. Davis has been paid $40,500 from me, and believe me, he has not done
that amount of work on my house. He is also ripping off other people, mostly
in the N.O. East area. A neighbor of his, even after being warned about his
tactics, recently signed a contract with him. He used some of that money to
pay on his account at Stock Building Supply, but not in full, so there is
still a chance a lien could be put on my home at 504 W. Solidell St. in
Chalmette.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thank you,

Karen Salathe
Phone: (504) 245-7611 | Fax: (504) 245-7642
Email: kSalathe at DupuyStorage.com <mailto:kSalathe at DupuyStorage.com>