[StBernard] HYMNS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 12 01:28:47 EDT 2007

Hymns of the Lukewarm Church
God's Frozen People
The LukeWarm Church announces publication of "Church
Songs,"
whose title, according to the editor, was chosen
because "We
didn't want to turn anybody off with threatening words
that no
one understands anymore like worship or hymn. People in
today's
society get kind of uncomfortable with too much talk about
things
like commitment and dedication. They'd much rather
have a
religion that they can turn on or off at will. Our book
seeks to
meet that need."

Sample contents:

* A Comfy Mattress Is Our God
* Joyful, Joyful, We Kinda Like Thee
* Above Average is Thy Faithfulness
* Lord, Keep Us Loosely Connected to Your Word
* All Hail the Influence of Jesus' Name
* My Hope is Built on Nothing Much
* Amazing Grace, How Interesting the Sound
* My Faith Looks Around for Thee
* Be Thou My Hobby
* O God, Our Enabler in Ages Past
* Blest Be the Tie That Doesn't Cramp My Style
* Oh, for a Couple of Tongues to Sing
* He's Quite a Bit to Me
* Oh, How I Like Jesus
* I Lay My Inappropriate Behaviors on Jesus
* Pillow of Ages, Fluffed for Me
* I Surrender Some
* Praise God from Whom All Affirmations Flow
* I'm Fairly Certain That My Redeemer Lives
* Self-Esteem to the World! The Lord is Come
* Sit Up, Sit Up for Jesus
* Special, Special, Special
* Spirit of the Living God, Fall Somewhere Near Me
* Take My Life and Let Me Be
* There Shall be Sprinkles of Blessings
* What an Acquaintance We Have in Jesus
* When Peace, Like a Trickle
* When the Saints Go Sneaking In
* Where He Leads Me, I Will Consider Following

Lift Every Voice and Intellectualize Hymns for the Aging
* Precious Lord, Take my Hand (And Help Me Get Up)
* It is Well with My Soul (but my back hurts)
* Nobody Knows the Trouble I have Seeing
* Amazing Grace (Considering My Age)
* Just a Slower Walk With Thee
* Count Your Many Birthdays, Name Them One by One
* Go Tell It on the Mountain (And Speak Up)
* Give Me that Old Timers Religion
* Blessed Insurance
* Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah (I've forgotten where I
parked)