[StBernard] parade horses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 13 11:14:43 EDT 2007

I don't know what the name of the riding group was on horses at Sunday's
parade, but the riders were all dressed in Saints shirts and came at float
12. One rider was very abusive to his horse, hitting the horse in
the face with beads so hard that the horse bolted, which could have caused
the horse to go into the crowd.
It was so upsetting to see this poor animal mistreated that we told the
driver of the horse trailer for the group that we were calling the sheriff's
office, but he said he would go tell the rider to stop doing that. To the
organizers of the parade, we suggest that you let this group know it was
reported to you and this rider should be banned from their riding club, or
else simply do not invite them back to ride in our parish parade.
mvd