[StBernard] Sales Tax Refund

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 14 20:36:55 EDT 2007

I just received a letter from Louisiana Department of Revenue which states
that my refund request has ben adjusted by a deduction of about 50%. It
says my claim was adjusted because the amount claimed is excessive in
comparison with my income. It tell me that I may resubmit the claim with
acceptable documentation. ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTATION MUST BE FROM THIRD
PARTIES SUCH AS COPIES OF SALES RECEIPTS, CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS, CANCELLED
CHECKS, LOAN PAPERS, CASUALTY LOSSES SCHEDULE FROM FEDERAL RETURN, INSURANCE
ADJUSTER'S REPORTS OF LOSSES, ETC. verifying that the item listed was
purchased by you.

They also advised they are not offering direct deposit of natural disaster
sales tax refund checks. All checks will be mailed to the last known
mailing address.

There was no check for the reduced amount with this letter, nor did it say
when to expect to receive it.

I just thought I would pass this on in case it would help anyone else. I do
plan on sending them my casualty losses schedule, but am now wondering if
they will hold up the portion they said they will pay until I appeal the
rest. It also sounds like, I will have to send them copies of the forms all
over again.

I guess its just another way of making us work for our money