[StBernard] Field of Dreams

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 15 22:58:46 EDT 2007

Thanks Wendy for your complete appraisal of what you feel is truth distorted
by some who have convinced themselves that no danger, no oil, no exposure,
no oil, no future consequences will unfold, no oil, no "damage control", no
oil, no attempt to minimize, no oil, etc..etc..etc.

Exist from something as devastating to already devastated homefolk who was
within the oil spill. You've just about covered much of what I haven't. I
believe that if something is tainted once, it is tainted forever, because
there ARE long term effects/consequences as a result to exposure to what we
faced in the oil spill area. Pores, cells, breathing apparatus/lungs, hair
follicles, you name it--we've been duped into thinking that all is well and
"natural" with this. I'd be willing to bet you that I had as much exposure
to the harming elements within that area and ever believe that those who
have faced fooling with the soil/trashed contaminants will come back to
haunt us at some point in our "healthful lives". It's been proven that those
compounds inhaled, tasted, ingested/pore respiration and so forth are
capable of mutating cells (cancer) and therefore can take a healthy life and
initiate the beginning of the end for living tissues.

Oil floats, and a minimal amount of oil in any one area is a maximum touch
of contaminants to our property and lives. But, we shouldn't be content on
believing that it was just oil that floated by storm waters. I was just as
guilty of harboring poisons sold in Lowes/Home Depot, etc. in my garage. The
contents floated as well, I'm sure and just thinking about the evil of
what's happened to them makes me - - sick to mind, stomach and my future..

--jer--