[StBernard] St. Bernard Proud

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 16 20:21:17 EDT 2007

Chad: "I do dislike the negative attitude toward every subject or topic
discussed. I hope you return home one day but with a better attitude, we
don't need people walking around St. Bernard talking negatively about
everything. --"Chad

**Hi, Chad, how you doing, Bud?

Yep, Negativity is a frame of mind - Truthfulness is a virtue.

Why is it, when I discuss the truth in things, you can turn it around to be
rewrapped in a "negative packet" of information? If I say that I got hit by
flying cabbage, or there was toxins in what we were force-fed by Katrina or
Murphy, it's disguised as a "jerry is negative packet".

Why, it's almost contrived that you'd consider me negative in thinking, as I
believe I'm probably the most positive person on earth (next to you <G> just
kiddin').

My point is that as I lay out the facts in discussions, some would either
call it negative to point it out, discuss the issues or give credence to
what happens as I know it, experienced it or heard it/saw it written. All of
our knowledge comes from one of these three and the latter can be passed on
as rumors/rumours. However, we all pass through each of these phases--ALL of
them, not some and sometimes the heard/written part make us a little
dumbfounded when we find out the truth as facts have a tendency of bearing
them out.

Therefore, when one hears something negative, they choose to sweep it under
a rug as though it fails to exist. What in da heck do we read a newspaper,
this forum, the internet if we truly believe that negativity should not be
written in print or otherwise??? If we censor every inkling of information
that passes our desks, doorstep or computer we'd be without the knowledge
that we need to differentiate be good and evil, right from wrong, the truth
from fiction and yes in this case you're purporting in your writings: If
you're not living in St. Bernard, you're not a St. Bernardian, a traitor, a
negative person trying to keep others from returning, etc. What tripe is
this? Everyone and let me reiterate, 'everyone' who has lived in St. Bernard
IS a St. Bernardian for life. Why do you think people like Riess, from
Chalmette High, or famous people, as an example get recognized even though
they no longer live in St. Bernard? Truly, I say to you, one does not have
to be famous to be "from their home town of Chalmette, Meraux or St.
Bernard.

All he/she has to do was to have loved his/her homeland and be loved by
folks. What difference does it make? How many crying people since Katrina
wish it were not so that they were forced away from their homeland? Even in
my ancestor's homeland, we were forced by invaders to live as nomads and
evacuate the city if we wanted to live. As in Katrina, we still want to
live, some choosing to stay and some wanting refuge.

What more negativity can you imagine one can make, then to force a wedge
between St. Bernardians with "stay away, we don't need you!" I say, of
course there are many that are not needed to go on with their choice to stay
and fight the elements that be (even so for those who must face the
challenges to run their life as Nomads I spoke about). It's just as hideous
to be forced away and duke it out (some say even tougher without their
support team of friends, relatives, church, doctor, etc.) away from their
safe zone.

Therefore, if what I say has truth in it, I have done my duty of humankind
to tell it. Again, if anyone feels I lie excessively, then this message or
others written by the writer doesn't have to be read, but deleted. I was
taught to tell the truth (as much as I can as we all stray away from God's
grace) and I'll do it to the best of my ability, knowledge, and if I spread
ill-gossip/rumors then God forgive me because I chose to believe everything
someone writes or discusses with me. Remember the work our parish needs is
90% attitude and 10% perspiration so if one wants to believe that the
impossible becomes possible--then bless them for the fortitude/persistence
that they exhibited in order to get the job done. Live in peace and prosper.

--jer--