[StBernard] [The Cane Truck] New Comment Posted to 'Blanco's Out, Now What?'

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 23 23:07:06 EDT 2007

Westley,

I could not agree more with your analysis of this entire "Democratic Circus" for the Governor's race.

What I find funny about all this is has anyone questioned if John Breaux "really" wants to be Governor. A year ago he publicly stated he had no interest in being the Governor of Louisiana. When asked in early 2003 before the last governor's race, he gave the same answer. Why the sudden change of heart? Or, has he truly had a change of heart? The answer is NO.

John Breaux wants to be governor of this state about as much as I want to jump of the south rim of the Grand Canyon to see if I can flap my arms fast enough to sustain flight. So, what's behind all this? As you eluded to, Westley, it's the Democratic Party - or more specifically, the "elitest" Democrats in Washington D.C. that couldn't give a rat's hoot about Louisiana and our state's future.

What you see going on here with the National Democratic Party is nothing more than party politics for selfish gain. What's the "gain?" Westley this is where the conversion we recently had didn't dwelve into, but it's all about reapportionment. Yep, that's what this whole political deal making is about - who is going to control where the lines are going to be drawn for future state and federal legislative districts.

So you see, the DNC and the RNC could care less about those of us suffering in Louisiana. They're only worried about who's going to get to hold the pen to draw up legislative district boundaries on a map page.

As far as Breaux goes, he's a nice enough guy, but if "anyone" thinks he's a step in the right direction - a "progressive" direction - then let me tell you right now you couldn't be more wrong - and that's a fact, not my opinion.

John Breaux is deeply entrenched with Louisiana's past of Edwin Edwards and the good ole boys system of running Louisiana. If you think he would be a progressive governor - guess again. And Breaux would probably would have enough gutts to admit it. Breaux is not looking for change. Hell, he hasn't even been here that much over the past few years to know what we even need to change to.

Put it this way, if the worth of Louisiana's political environment was gauged like that of a stock market index, after Blanco's annoucement and all these apparent party deals going down, our stock would start looking like that of Winn-Dixie's.

It is time for all Louisianians to start looking at which candidates for Governor are in the race to truly change Louisiana for the better and which ones are in it just to hold the office for their respective National Party.

- John Scurich