[StBernard] St. Bernard proud

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 25 15:25:31 EDT 2007

Amen, Shelly

My husband and I have moved to Plaquemine, LA (the town not the parish ).
We are finding more and more St. Bernardians in the area. Of course, one
can pick out a fellow St. Bernardian just by their accent, and it's music to
my ears when I hear it.

And now I have two questions for anyone out there who may read this:
1) My mortgage company is requesting a letter confirming that my home has
been demolished. It has to be on St. Bernard Parish letterhead. Does
anyone know which department in St. Bernard can get such a letter for me?

2) If anyone has foreclosed on their home, would you please answer my email
and let me know what we can expect? This may be something we have to face
in the future.

Thank you.
Denise Laurent

In this weeks Livingston paper there was an article called "101
chalmatians'
land in Walker subdivision", It was about a whole new neighbhood
that is
filled with former St. Bernard residents. All over livingston there
are new
subdivison with former St. Bernard residents. Just because we have
made the
decision to escape the flood waters of future storms do not make us
any less
proud of where we came from. We decided to move on but being close
with our
fellow "Evacueess" keeps us connected to our beloved St. Bernard
Parish.
Many blessings to the people of post- Katrina St. Bernard.

Shelly
Resident of St. Bernard for 35 years!
New resident of Denham Springs since august 2005