[StBernard] Red "X"

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 27 22:40:58 EDT 2007

Karen have you tried PVC Pipe cleaner (clear) from Lowes/Home Depot and
other hardware stores? Some have found it useful. I never really had this
problem lately, but have used solvents (that some may not have used on
vinyl) such as Kerosene/Turpentine/Mineral Spirits (being from the old
school)..

Supported:

According to the Vinyl Siding Institute here is what you do.
"1. Lift off with a plastic or dull metal scrapper any that comes off
easily. 2. Dampen a clean cloth with paint thinner and gently rub off the
remaining paint. 3. If paint thinner doesn't remove the paint use dry
cleaning fluid. 4. Rinse area with clear water after removing stain. Avoid
scrapping or heavy rubbing since it may make the surface shiny."

Good luck!

--jer--

Does anyone out there know how we can remove the red "X" and "No Dog Found"
writing that was spraypainted in red on our white vinyl siding. I've tried
everything I can think of and nothing has worked.

Thanks,

Karen Fernandez