[StBernard] Chalmatians Across the Country

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 27 23:24:55 EDT 2007

"Its funny, but no one I talk to has ever heard of St. Bernard, (even in
Mississippi) and I have to explain and then they look tired of hearing about
it, and I really don't want their sympathy anyway, I am tired of it all too,
but I get up every morning and keep going. I am just glad to see how far
the homefront has come and the azaleas are in bloom. MsSimms."

***Ms Simms, In my experience, (to others) playing the "Katrina Kard Kaper &
Kalamity" at this stage of the game is rather redundant today in comparison
to immediately following the storm. It's old news, passé, out of style and
"ho-hum, rather boring to the aggravated masses who pledged their help in
the immediate sense, then "fell out of bed" with us as time evolved into
people believing all is well in CNN'S Hell Hole these days. Oh, an
occasional "anniversary" of something will pop up as interest, but unless
there's a scandal, fraud or newsworthy incident, support will be minimal at
best.

It's ironic how the Road Home, Oil Spill "rebate" and other litigations are
either long-time coming, or never coming for many. So our people may feel
that they are on their own, would rather have it that way or perhaps is an
only choice.

At the aftermath of the storm, everyone knew who a Katrina victim was from
the onslaught of press focusing on New Orleans. So, one saw 20 times more of
that parish than our own. Much support came from churches who spread their
"good gospel" to other church chapters throughout the country. However, many
did not get support they applied for and had to do it the hard way--dig,
throw out, put themselves deeper into debt anticipating some relief at some
point in the future. For most, it never arrived yet. It doesn't matter if
some were crippled by lack of insight and the argument about coverage is as
old also to discuss. Just let's say that I learned never to be too proud to
beg. I bargained, argued and pleaded on the onset like a half-million
others. The lines were long, the telephone calls went unanswered and Gawd,
(no disrespect here) it hurt not just us, but our children, churches,
friends, neighbors, clubs, family and good neighbors.

I don't know if I would decline sympathy, but then, I've come from poor, but
proud, honest stock who tried to think of the other guy and pray that the
favor was returned in consideration with sincerity.

Yes, I've never seen such beautiful red Azaleas here when for the most part,
I've been seeing blood red from frustration and suffering. Aren't flowers
uplifting for those appreciative of their beauty, when for many, it's rather
an inexpensive way of garnishing a little bit of heaven on earth?

--jer--

____
DEVACAPS.com - Data Evacuation and Protection Services
Because your data is too important to leave behind
504-250-6407 sales at DEVACAPS.com http://www.DEVACAPS.com

____
Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis

Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the message

itself.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT MEANT TO BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT
BE
CONSIDERED AS SUCH.

This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution through
electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express written
permission of Westley Annis.

StBernard mailing list
StBernard at da-parish.com