[StBernard] Chalmatians Across the Country

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 29 06:53:36 EDT 2007

<<I am just glad to see how far
the homefront has come and the azaleas are in bloom. MsSimms>>

When Bob stopped by to visit, he tells us how much nicer and cleaner
everything looked from last year. You see, he came last year and mucked and
gutted several houses in our neighborhood. He brought us a disk with a slide
show, and the pics have mountains of debris, I could almost smell the
Katrina stink.
Today the street has many abandoned houses, but no more piles of flooded
hopes and memories. There is green grass and birds are chirping. Some houses
have people and flowers.
He opened my eyes to the dramatic change from last year.
Some days I see the work still to be done, and the work that never will be
done. Then on days like Bob's visit day, I see the progress with his eyes.
Keep getting up every morning and keep going on. The azaleas will bloom
every year and more will bloom. As Hemingway entitled his book: The Sun also
Rises.
Good Luck, Ms Simms. God Bless.

Gaby