[StBernard] 7500.00 monies

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 29 19:00:48 EDT 2007

I got my LRA award letter today. We don't qualify for anything, I wasn't
expecting to because we had insurance to cover our damages, but LRA really
did low ball us on the value of our home. More so than I expected. Our
house was over 2500 square feet and way over 50% damaged with water
upstairs (2 feet). It was in Lexington and they valued our home at
$170,000. That is $68 per square foot. Real nice house with a built in
pool. I know they don't pay for that. They did offer $22,000 if we want to
raise the house and said they would send information later about $7,500 we
should be able to get for mitigation measures such as shutters or raising
appliances to prevent flood damage. I'm not saying this to complain as I
wasn't expecting anything from LRA. I just urge everyone that is eligible
to question the value they give to your home. It could mean the difference
of $50,000 or more for you.

Laurie