[StBernard] Senate Passes Supplemental Spending Bill

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 31 18:31:23 EDT 2007

Sure, and the President is expected to Veto it and don't know if it will get
the 2/3 vote in Congress to override it.

Perhaps, it would have been more appropriate to fit it into its own bill
rather than squeeze it into an emergency War appropriations one. It might be
a waste of time unless it can be sent and voted on away from it because go
to the motions as it did last time to pass for the money we got, but if the
fox keeps going inside the coop to get the chicken dinner more than once,
the farmer will be a'waiting.

And we all know how much it means to us in the 10% disaster forgiveness
loans and all recovery reparations for our community. It was such debauchery
to hurry and punish the republicans for stopping the war effort that those
caught in the middle (us) will have to smell Katrina that much longer.
Hopefully, I'm wrong.

--jer--