[StBernard] An Invitation from Congressman Bobby Jindal

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 3 19:52:38 EDT 2007

April 3, 2007

Dear friends,

I wanted to invite you to join me on Wednesday, April 4, 2007 at events
throughout Louisiana to talk about legislation I passed in the House of
Representatives to protect the Second Amendment rights of Louisiana
residents. I will be joined by officials from the National Rifle Association
(NRA) and U.S. Senator David Vitter as we talk about the importance of a
bill that U.S. Senator Vitter and I passed for our state.

My legislation, the Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act, was signed
into law last year, and it reaffirms that in times of disaster, you cannot
throw out the Constitutional amendment that guarantees the right of the
people to keep and bear arms.

In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, our law enforcement officers, despite
their heroic efforts, could not be everywhere at once. Many residents were
sitting in their homes without power, without water, without communication.
It was literally impossible to pick up a phone and call 911. Residents
needed to protect their homes and families any way they could.

Unfortunately, some bureaucrats seized firearms from law-abiding citizens in
their homes, businesses, and cars and left residents unable to defend
themselves. This is outrageous, especially when you remember the "you loot,
we shoot" signs posted by residents to protect their property and to warn
criminals to stay away.

My bill had widespread support, including an endorsement from the national
Fraternal Order of Police, representing its 324,000 members. The Fraternal
Order of Police endorsement recognized that law-abiding gun owners pose no
risk to law enforcement officers or other first responders.

I hope you will join me this Wednesday at areas around the state to talk
about how the law that we passed will prevent this from happening again.

Feel free to invite your friends and family to the events listed below to
talk about the work being done to protect our Second Amendment rights. I
look forward to seeing you soon!

Bobby

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

8:00 a.m.