[StBernard] Pay Your Taxes or There Will Be No Roads!

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 5 22:31:54 EDT 2007

Cynthia Bridges, Department of Revenue, 4.3.07

For citizens across our great state, April and May mean that it is time to
file taxes. The beauty of paying taxes is that it gives us an opportunity
to make a contribution to the quality of life in our state. Louisiana
without such a contribution would be a Louisiana with no schools, roads,
hospitals, or parks. Of course, we feel that we have paid our fair share
throughout the year and hope for a refund to come our way in the next
several weeks. Please know that here at the Louisiana Department of Revenue
we are happy to send you a refund when we can and to do so as quickly as
possible. You can help us in that effort.

We are often asked to give some tips as filing season approaches. Here are
some things that you can do to help make this filing season a smooth one :

1. Fill in all information carefully. Often we get returns that are
incomplete and this delays processing refunds.

2. Be certain that your address is updated and correct. If you have not
already notified us of any address changes make certain to do so this filing
season. We would hate to send your refund to the wrong place!

3. Take advantage of any credits that might be available to you. This year,
Louisiana taxpayers will be able to take advantage of the refundable tax
credit for the Louisiana Citizens Insurance Assessment. If you paid the
assessment before January 1, 2007, then you can claim the credit this year.
Please go to our website, www.revenue.louisiana.gov for more information.

4. File electronically. This is the fastest and most accurate way to file.
Last year, more than half of our returns came in electronically and we
expect that to increase this year. Most people who file their returns using
this method can expect to have their refunds in less than ten days.

Hope that this continues to be a good year for you and should we be able to
assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org 1-877-HELPLA1 (877-435-7521)