[StBernard] animal shelter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 8 11:25:14 EDT 2007

Craig

Unfortunately, I do not know someone at this time that has the extra time
between work and rebuilding to do this valuable work, but I am putting the
word out. My own children used to volunteer at the shelter, all three of
them are away in college now. We adopted several animals from the shelter
over the years. The lady that used to run the shelter (I think her name
was Cecil Trog) was wonderful and did a great job and loved the animals.
Her children were also working to help the animals as well as her husband
sometimes too. They would sometimes take sick animals home over the weekend

to care for them, as I remember. She was very dedicated and I was sorry to
hear that she was leaving. I think she retired after many years of service.

I would hope that the animal shelter, too, can return to how it was in the
good old days, when we are ready to handle it.

Laurie