[StBernard] property taxes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 9 23:30:54 EDT 2007

This current issue of the Voice has a huge section of property owners who
have not paid their 2006 property taxes. I saw addresses for properties that
are marked for demolition, so I wouldn't expect them to worry about not
paying their property tax. I saw the same owners over and over again for
apartments and commercial properties which makes me wonder if they plan to
walk-away as well.

Would these properties then have liens placed on them for non-payment until
the owners tried to sell out, or would they go to a sheriff's sale. It sure
is a lot of property. ddk