[StBernard] Boasso Broadcasting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 13 21:50:33 EDT 2007

Boasso Broadcasting
Republican Gubernatorial candidate Walter Boasso today sent a letter to the
Louisiana Association of Broadcasters urging the organization to sponsor a
series of monthly debates between the candidates for governor.

"As the campaign progresses, it is clear the people of Louisiana want, need
and deserve a full public debate on the issues of importance to them and the
future of our state," Boasso wrote. "I therefore ask that the Louisiana
Association of Broadcasters commit now to sponsoring a series of debates to
be televised and simulcast on radio."

Boasso said the most effective debates to serve the public will be
issue-specific and that a monthly schedule will require the candidates to
move past rhetoric and give voters specific viewpoints on such matters as
crime, education, economic development, leadership principles, and
transportation infrastructure, among others.

Boasso also wrote that the traditional system of only a few debates in the
autumn is inadequate.