[StBernard] Property Taxes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 14 22:25:59 EDT 2007

mj,

my understanding is that if you have another property that you are taking
the homestead exemption on and you still own the property in St. Bernard,
then the property in St. Bernard is fully taxable based on the property
value. It is probably worth your while to make sure the Assessor's office
knows that it is an undeveloped piece of property so that it can be more
accurately assessed. Lets hope that the Road Home gets to you before too
much longer and gets you from under that situation. Maybe some of the
accounting professionals may be able to weigh in on some other ideas to
defer your tax liability.

God Bless,
Craig