[StBernard] LRA, etc.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 20 22:05:35 EDT 2007

Craig, Westley, Anyone,

My first problem is with the LRA. Both my sister and grandfather within a
two day period (both of which already received their "golden" letters) have
been called by the LRA saying that they never received proof of their
income. My sister and grandfather both protested saying that it was never
required for the grant only for the "loan". They are now saying that they
need proof of everyone's income. My grandfather was supposed to be getting
56k. They asked him to tell him his income, which he did (he's retired) and
they told him his grant was going to be lowered to $24k.

Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Second, Craig:

The house next to me is vacant. Sitting in their driveway is what my dad
says is a transformer from a light pole which has been pulled down and
stripped of whatever material of value I guess it once had. My dad says
that the transformers contain something cancerous and that I need to get an
environmental somebody-or-other to pick it up. Do you know who I could
call?

Thanks everyone,

Tanya