[StBernard] Fidelity Homestead Email Warning

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 28 00:07:10 EDT 2007

Jim,

Yes. Although Firefox seems to load the page first before telling you it is
a phishing site. You can read their FAQ here:
<http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/phishing-protection/>

You can test it here:
<http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/its-a-trap.html>

I don't see any reason for any great hoopla over Firefox although it does
have some features that I inspired IE and some I wish IE had. For starters,
Firefox had tabbed browsing before IE (I think Opera invented it, but I'm
not sure). The only real benefit I see out of it is it keeps your toolbar a
little less cluttered and is more memory efficient than multiple browser
windows.

Firefox is a little better with remember usernames/passwords for different
web sites. For sites with forms that need are filled in, if you
accidentally leave the site and use the Back button to go back to it,
Firefox will remember it. That is the primary reason I use Firefox,
especially for writing blog entries.

The other neat thing I like about Firefox is that it will remember the last
websites you had opened if the program crashes. Makes it real easy to go
back to them. There is also a way to force it if you manually close
Firefox, but I'm not sure how to do that.

Westley