[StBernard] According to LRA figures - taxes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 28 19:40:20 EDT 2007

Jim,

Let's think this through.

House was valued at $160,000, now worth $6,000, for a loss of $154,000.
Write that off over several years, since I don't know how to turn a $10,000
cattle future into $100,000.

LRA finally, after two years, buys the property for $150,000.

It could be a $144,000 gain in the IRS eyes. But, considering the only
people who are going to that mythical $144,000 is the former mortgage
company, I don't really see how it could be considered a gain. Especially
when you consider, for the seven years I paid on the house, I was also
paying mortgage insurance, which means even if I defaulted on the mortgage,
the bank would still get their money.

So, I've spent roughly $4,500 over seven years paying for mortgage
insurance, the bank gets paid in full, and I still have to pay $25,000 to
the IRS. Somehow it just doesn't look like I gained a damn thing except
more headaches, heartaches, and desire to shoot anybody associated with the
revenuers.

Sounds like a politician/bureaucrat to me. Stealing the money out of my
pocket the whole time he's saying how sorry he is for my plight. PPBBTT!!!

Westley