[StBernard] LRA Chair, Board Members Urge Swift HUD, VA Approvals on LS...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 30 21:23:27 EDT 2007

Wow! Yeah, Ft. Payne is a good distance away. Probably Chattanooga is
closer to you.

Yes, medical care *is* different in AL. Had a cardiologist for my mom who
graduated from UAB Medical but was practicing in Metairie prior to Katrina.
Had mom see a g.p. who said she needed to see heart doctor. Made that appt
and brought her there and he says" You know, I explained to you that
medical care is different here. You don't make an appointment directly with
me, you need to be referred..." I explained she WAS referred by a doc at
American Family Care (doc in a box here). He kinda did a "Ohhh..." thing
and shut up. Well, now she has a regular doc she's seeing in the area.

Wendy, what I was referring to in the UAB model was the fact that they do
have clinics in the metro B'ham area. If LSU wants to draw in "paying"
patients to the hospital when it's built, they should have some suburban
offices where patients can be seen that will feed into the hospital when a
hospital admission is needed. People are not gonna bother with going
downtown (I think) just for a doctor's visit.

BTW...what's it like living in the "metro" Ft.Payne area?

JLY