[StBernard] UPDATE: Tide(R) and John Legend Give 'Loads of Hope(TM)' to New Orleans

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 5 22:25:08 EDT 2007

UPDATE: Tide(R) and John Legend Give 'Loads of Hope(TM)' to New Orleans
Tide(R) Presents John Legend Live in Concert at the 2007 New Orleans Jazz &
Heritage Festival
<http://www.tide.com/en_US/index.jsp>

CINCINNATI, May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Tide(R), which has been a part of American
families for over 60 years, has committed to help rebuild 10 homes for 10
families in need in one of New Orleans' most distressed areas, St. Bernard
Parish. Although it has been almost two years since Hurricane Katrina hit
New Orleans, many residents are still struggling to rebuild. Together, Tide
and five-time Grammy-award winning recording artist John Legend are
encouraging people across the nation to join them in making a big difference
by donating just $10 to The St. Bernard Project, a non-profit organization
that helps families in St. Bernard Parish rebuild their homes and lives.

Legend is teaming up with Tide to generate awareness of the significant need
for continued support of the New Orleans area recovery efforts. For a
donation of $10 or more to The St. Bernard Project, individuals will receive
a limited edition "Loads of Hope" Tide vintage tee. Beginning Friday, May
4th, "Loads of Hope" tees will be available through the Tide CleanStart
team, who will be located throughout the New Orleans downtown area. People
are encouraged to wear their Tide tees to John Legend's performance on
Saturday, May 5th at 5:40 PM at The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival to
show their support for the families of New Orleans.

"New Orleans is known as one of the historical and cultural centers of
American music. As an artist, I want to do my part to help bring music back
to the city, and I also want to remind people everywhere that there are
still many families who need our help," said Legend. "I'm extremely proud to
join Tide in its efforts to help New Orleans families continue to rebuild
their lives."

Since Hurricane Katrina, Tide has helped give "Loads of Hope" to the
families of New Orleans through providing free laundry services with the
Tide CleanStart(SM) mobile laundromat and lighting up historic Jackson
Square for the holidays. This spring, Tide is going beyond providing clean
laundry and teaming up with The St. Bernard Project to help rebuild 10
homes. Tide is also encouraging people across the nation to participate and
make a difference in lives of the families of St. Bernard Parish.

"Tide is incredibly excited to return to New Orleans and provide 'loads of
hope' to the city and specifically the families living in the St. Bernard
Parish area," said Suzanne Watson, Tide Brand Manager. "We are delighted to
partner with John Legend and demonstrate our continued commitment to this
city and its residents. Together with John, we hope to encourage people
everywhere to help support the recovery efforts."

People across the country can also show their support for New Orleans by
visiting http://www.tidecleanstart.com/ and purchasing the limited edition
Tide vintage tee online for $10. All proceeds will benefit The St. Bernard
Project, a grassroots, nonprofit rebuild organization that provides direct
support to families in St. Bernard Parish, one of the most devastated areas
by Hurricane Katrina.

Furthermore, the Tide CleanStart mobile laundromat is returning to the Gulf
Coast for the third time to provide free laundry services to families in
need. The Tide CleanStart truck will be located in St. Bernard Parish at the
intersection of West St. Bernard Highway and Center Street from Monday,
April 30th through Saturday, May 5th. The truck will be in operation from 7
AM to 9 PM.

About Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG)

Three billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the
world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality,
leadership brands, including Pampers(R), Tide(R), Ariel(R), Always(R),
Whisper(R), Pantene(R), Mach3(R), Bounty(R), Dawn(R), Pringles(R),
Folgers(R), Charmin(R), Downy(R), Lenor(R), Iams(R), Crest(R), Oral-B(R),
Actonel(R), Duracell(R), Olay(R), Head & Shoulders(R), Wella(R),
Gillette(R), and Braun(R). The P&G community consists of over 135,000
employees working in over 80 countries worldwide. Please visit
http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and
its brands.

About Tide(R)

For over 60 years, Tide(R) has been caring for the clothes of American
families and helping to provide the everyday miracle of clean clothing. To
meet consumers' diverse laundry needs, Tide offers its superior cleaning in
a variety of products including Tide Simple Pleasures, Tide with Febreze
Freshness, Tide Coldwater, Tide with a Touch of Downy, Tide with Bleach
Alternative, Tide High Efficiency and 2X Ultra Tide Liquid. For consumers'
on-the-go stain removal needs, Tide to Go helps remove fresh food and drink
stains on the spot. Visit www.tide.com for helpful product information,
practical tips on laundry care, special offers and promotions and more.

About Tide CleanStart(SM)

Tide's commitment to assisting Gulf Coast residents in the aftermath of
Hurricane Katrina began with Tide CleanStart(SM), a mobile laundry program
that was created in 2005 to provide much needed free laundry services to
families in areas affected by Hurricane Katrina. The Tide CleanStart mobile
laundry facility contains 32 high-efficiency washers and dryers and has the
capacity to do nearly 1,500 loads of laundry in the five day period the
truck will be in the New Orleans area. The truck can do approximately 300
wash and dry cycles a day -- equal to one year's worth of laundry for a
single family.

Website: http://www.tide.com/
Website: http://www.tidecleanstart.com/