[StBernard] FEMA and oil spill demos

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 15 22:15:42 EDT 2007

Craig, if you are free to say so, can you update us on what the issue is
with FEMA now paying for demolition of
houses in the oil spill area, but not the four streets in the buyout.

I have the house behind me on Charles Drive that is untouched since the
storm-not gutted nor grass cut and the owner has long since moved away to
the northshore. Being on the blighted list hasn't mattered. It's marked for
demo for a year. Ditto for another house on Corinne across from St. Mark's
playground. What's the issue now since URG was blowing and going til Dec.
2006?

Also, URG doesn't seem to be picking up in the past month on Corinne Drive
between Judge Perez and the 20 Arpent? Are they picking up at all anymore?
If not, can you update us on the debris removal from those gutting?

thanks, ddk