[StBernard] Question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 15 22:41:04 EDT 2007

I know that QUITE a long time before the storm my father wanted to put a
dividing fence between one side of his property and a neighbor since they
tended to deposit their junk on his property. I'm not sure what exactly he
was told, but he was not allowed to put up a fence 4 feet high. Also, he
graduated it down as it got toward the sidewalk. If I had to guess, this
was probably in the late 80s, early 90s.

JLY

Craig,

There are a number of houses in my area with 4 foot fences in the
front
yard. They were like that pre-Katrina. Since we already have some in
our
neighborhood that way, I was assuming as long as my neighbors didn't
mind
that I could do the same thing. It is a grandfathering issue? What
date did
it change from being okay to not being okay anymore? Is there
anything I can
do in order to put up a 4 foot paige fence in the front yard? You
would
think that if the parish wants there residents to return, they would
allow
them to come back the way they want their homes to be. How is it
infringing
on anyone to have the 4 foot fence in the front yard?

Karen