[StBernard] road home

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 21 23:22:28 EDT 2007

Thought I'd share this final encounter with my Road Home application that
happened today for a few laughs.
Lady calls to say they want to speed up closings and asked if we made our
decision to take an option. I told her that the Road Home letter said I was
insured for more than my repair costs according to their calculations and
that my house certified appraiser had a pre-K value of $100k more than
theirs so I sent it back with an appeal. She said that they used their
market value and that was all it would be valued at. So she was calling
because I didn't indicate that I wanted "up to" $30,000 to elevate the
house. I told her that there was no way I was elevating 2400 sq. ft. of the
first floor of a two story, pile supported concrete slab house that has been
totally restored even if they agreed to pay whatever it would cost to do so
because of the high probability my house would fall apart and the
inconvenience and the fact that my slab is already 3.5 feet above sea level.
So I did my part to save a waste of "up to" $30k as our contribution to get
LRA out the red. ddk